At Easter, work will begin to connect the existing line with the new extension to Dudley. At the same time, Sandwell Council have taken the opportunity to carry out essential work to reconstruct Dudley Street bridge which is near to the Dudley Street Guns Village stop.
While these works are taking place, there will be the following changes to our service:
Saturday 23 March until Monday 25 March
- Trams will operate up to every 10 minutes between Wolverhampton Station and Wednesbury Parkway only
- There will be no services between Wednesbury Parkway and Edgbaston Village
Tuesday 26 March until Tuesday 9 April
- Trams will operate up to every 10 minutes between Wolverhampton Station and Wednesbury Great Western Street
- There will be no services between Wednesbury Great Western Street and Edgbaston Village
The work to connect the new track with the existing line will be completed in this period. However, the following changes to service will be required to ensure that Sandwell Council are able to continue to work safely while completing their bridge works:
Wednesday 10 April and Thursday 11 April,
Sunday 14 April until Thursday 18 April,
Sunday 21 April until Thursday 25 April,
Sunday 28 April until Thursday 2 May,
Monday 6 May until Thursday 9 May and
Sunday 12 May until Thursday 16 May
- There will be no services between Black Lake and Edgbaston Village
- Trams will operate up to every 8 minutes to all stops from the start of service until 20:00
- After 20:00 trams will operate up to every 15 minutes between Wolverhampton Station and Black Lake only
In addition, from the start of service on Saturday 4 until the end of service on Sunday 5 May, there will be no services between Black Lake and Edgbaston Village due to the nature of the works required.
Please be assured that we are committed to keeping our customers moving throughout this period. Alternative travel arrangements are currently being finalised and will be shared with customers with as much notice as possible.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these changes to our service.